Our Winnipeg Orthodontic treatment offers more than just an attractive smile and enhanced self-esteem. Properly aligned teeth contribute to healthy gums as well as helping to effectively bite, chew and speak. Straight teeth are easier to brush and clean, leading to less plaque – the bacteria that cause cavities and gum disease. Misalignment of the jaws can also be corrected with orthodontic treatment. Left untreated, misalignment can also cause abnormal wearing to tooth surfaces, headaches, neck, and facial pain.
In many cases, Winnipeg orthodontic treatment is able to solve problems that would eventually lead to the need for costly dental procedures. For the past 18 years, Kildonan Crossing Dental Centre has been performing orthodontic treatments, (braces) for our patients and providing the following:
- Early Treatment – is of utmost importance in pre-adolescent patients for space preservation and reducing the need for jaw surgery.
- Non-Extraction Technique – an important concept in modern orthodontic treatment, known for its ability to create full smiles, optimal lip support, attractive profiles and healthy jaw function.
- Treatment For All Ages – adults are increasingly turning to orthodontics to optimize their dental health and smile. As long as the gums and support tissues are sound, there is no age limit to this treatment. It’s suitable for both adults and children.
- Tooth-Coloured Braces – for those who desire a more esthetic treatment option. These subtle braces blend in with a natural tooth tone.
- Speed Braces – this recent technology allows fewer appointments and faster treatment times.
If you believe that your smile could be improved, the process begins with a simple, informal consultation with our orthodontic experts. Kildonan Crossing Dentists will take you through your dental and health history and together we will map a course-specific to each patient. Get in touch with us to book your appointment.
The clear alternative to braces®
Developed with Orthodontists, Invisalign is a virtually invisible solution, so you can smile confidently both during treatment and after. Using a series of clear, removable aligners, Invisalign gradually moves your teeth toward the smile you’ve always wanted. And, almost no one will know you’re wearing them unless you tell them.
Clear, Removable, Comfortable
Invisalign is comfortable to wear and easy to live with. You visit your doctor every month or two to check your progression and get new aligners. The average treatment time is about a year. Because the aligners are removable, you can continue to eat your favourite foods. And you can brush and floss normally to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
Many people incorrectly believe that Invisalign is only effective in treating minor teeth straightening issues. But the fact is, Invisalign successfully treats patients with modern and severe conditions, including the following:
- Deep bite
- Open bite
The hygienic benefits of straighter teeth:
- Healthier gums – Properly positioned teeth are easier to brush and floss than teeth that are crowded, crooked, or spaced too far apart. Properly aligned teeth can help gums fit more tightly around them, which may lead to better periodontal health.
- Easier cleanings – With the maintenance of good oral hygiene, the chances of having plaque retention, tooth decay, or periodontal (gum) disease can be reduced.
- Decreased risk of abnormal wear – Properly aligned teeth can be less stressful on the supporting bone jay joints.
Over 2 million patients are smiling with confidence thanks to Invisalign. Without brackets or wires, Invisalign takes a modern approach to teeth straightening and is virtually invisible.
How Does Invisalign® work?
Invisalign takes a modern approach to straightening teeth, using a custom-made series of aligners created for you and only you. These aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth. Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements your dentist or orthodontist plans out for you. There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten. You just pop in a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks, until your treatment is complete. You’ll achieve a great smile with little interference in your daily life. The best part about the whole process is that most people won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth.
Does Invisalign® really work?
Yes. More than 2 million people worldwide have been treated with Invisalign. The number of Invisalign smiles grows daily.
Your smile is worth it! Get in touch with our Winnipeg orthodontists today to schedule and book your consultation.