We want to help you restore any missing tooth or teeth!
Are you avoiding certain foods because of your missing tooth? We want you to smile with comfort and confidence again, and dental implants may be a procedure that suits you.
Dental implants are natural-looking replacements for missing teeth that provide the same function as your natural tooth.
What Is A Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a small, sturdy, titanium, screw-like post that functions as the root structure for a natural tooth. Dental implants also help preserve facial structure and prevent bone deterioration, which occurs when teeth are missing. Dental implants are very durable, and under proper conditions, can last a lifetime.
Each patient is different, and some cases are more complex than others (eg. someone who needs one tooth replaced vs. someone who needs three replaced), so it may take more stages for some.
Here’s how we restore your missing tooth:
- We schedule you for a consultation with one of our dentists here at our Winnipeg dental clinic (Regent and Lagimodiere). We will run dental examinations that include taking dental x-rays and 3D images to ensure that a dental implant is the right option for you. We will tailor a treatment plan that is best for your situation and needs.
- If a damaged tooth needs to be removed, an extraction will be performed.
- Jawbone grafting may be required if your jawbone is not thick enough for the procedure.
- When it’s time for the dental implant, your dentist will install the implant into the jawbone where your tooth is missing.
- After the bone has healed with the titanium, the dental implant can then hold an artificial tooth replacement just like roots hold natural teeth in place.
Dental Implants In Winnipeg
Replicating the natural function and appearance of lost teeth can be very difficult to accomplish, making it that much more important to have an experienced cosmetic dentist working on your teeth.
Schedule your consultation appointment at Kildonan Crossing Dental Centre today! We’ll take you through the different steps of getting a dental implant, and keep you safe and comfortable along the way. We also have other treatments and procedures available if dental implants are not for you. See you soon!
We are conveniently located at the corner of Lagimodiere Boulevard and Regent Avenue near in Transcona, East Kildonan, Valley Gardens, Elmwood, and St. Boniface.