What is botulinum toxin?
Botulinum toxin is a natural purified protein that relaxes wrinkle-causing muscles. Botox and Dysport Aesthetic are two of the many brands on the market.
How is it administered?
Botulinum toxin is administered through tiny injections into the muscle surface, relaxing muscles that can cause wrinkles and lines.
Why is it used?
Botulinum toxin can be used cosmetically to minimize the appearance of wrinkles in the skin. It can also be used therapeutically to treat TMJ disorders, jaw grinding and clenching and even chronic headaches and migraines.
What is the administering process?
If you visit the clinic, there are a few steps to the process.
· Your dentist will mark the targeted muscle areas on the face with a skin-safe marker.
· A dental assistant will photograph your face from many angles, both at rest and activated.
· Your dentist will clean your skin before using a micro needle to inject the muscle with botulinum toxin.
· Once the injections are complete, your dentist will clean any remaining marker off of your skin. It’s normal to feel a bit of sensitivity at the injection site for a day or so after the treatment. Some patients also experience headaches. Talk to your dentist for more information about potential side effects.
· After your initial treatment, you will visit the clinic again in two weeks for a post-session assessment. At this point, additional adjustments can be made.
· In three months, you can come back for a follow-up appointment to continue your treatment.
All our providers have graduated from the Pacific Training Institute for Facial Aesthetics & Therapeutics. As graduates, they join some of the most highly trained and qualified botulinum toxin and facial rejuvenation practitioners in the world.