Dear Kildonan Crossing Dental Centre Patients,
Guess what?! We’re open! We’ve been working hard behind-the-scenes to adjust to the “new normal,” as we’re certain that all of us have. While many things have changed around our dental office, one thing has remained exactly the same: our commitment to your comfort, safety, & that of our team.
Update #1: The Office is OPEN.
You’re welcome to book your next appointment! Expect our dental staff to proactively reach out especially if your Spring appointment was missed. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing, which means there may be fewer scheduling options at first.
Update #2: We’re safer than ever.
In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we’ve instituted additional measures ensuring safety & comfort for all.
For those of us simply relieved to see things open back up…please call us! Rest assured we’ve done everything to ensure your next visit with us is a positive one.
For those of us who remain appreciatively concerned…don’t worry, we’re with you. From pre-screening practices to social distancing procedures, to air filters, temperature tests, & safety checks, we believe our already-modern office continues to stay ahead to ensure we’re doing everything we can to keep you & your family as safe as possible.
Update #3: Personal protection update.
We are asking patients to do their best to bring their own masks to their dental appointments.
We’re happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we’ve taken to keep you, & every patient, safe in our care. To book an appointment, please give us a call at 204-663-6868 or visit our website at kcdental.ca.
We value your trust & loyalty, and look forward to seeing our patients, neighbours & friends again!
Dr. Karen Lischka, Dr. Bruce Bohunicky & the entire team at Kildonan Crossing Dental Centre
Health & Safety: Protecting our patients & staff (what we’ve done):
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment initially
- When it is time for your next appointment our office will be in contact with you and ask you some screening questions
- On the day of your appointment when you arrive, remain in your car and call us prior to entering the office.
- As you enter our office you will be asked to clean your hands with the sanitizer provided and put on a mask. We will take your temperature & lung efficiency, and will ask some screening questions for you & your accompanied guests once more.
- We will maintain social distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic
- Magazines, children’s toys and beverage services have been removed as they can harbour germs and are difficult to clean
- Installed sneeze guards are available in the reception area
- We require hand-washing and sanitizing before all appointments by our team and our patients
- We have introduced an oral pre-rinse intended for all patients to reduce exposure to germs
- We record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member at the beginning of each shift
- We have enhanced treatment room disinfection procedures for all surfaces between patients
- We will be using ambient air management with HEPA air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air
- We have new personal protection equipment like visors, gowns and masks for doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs
- Expect slightly longer appointment times; to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest most comprehensive manner
- We Provide tele dentistry services for follow up or communication that can be done online or through video education (book your virtual teleconference online!)
- We will be using enhanced office disinfection with mist and fogging devices to access hard-to-reach places that can be easily missed