If you’re missing a tooth, it doesn’t mean you need to be toothless forever. Dental implants can save your smile and overall oral health. At Kildonan Crossing Dental Centre, we are offering natural-looking replacements for missing teeth.
Maybe it’s because we’re in Winnipeg which is full of hockey players, but we’ve grown quite experienced at fixing smiles with missing teeth.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are artificial teeth with metal roots that are surgically placed into the jawbone. Usually, dental implants look so natural that nobody will even notice them.
Dental implant surgery can be considered as an alternative to dentures or bridgework. Implants are perfect if you are missing your teeth or your roots are damaged.
According to the American Dental Association, there are two types of implants: endosteal implants (surgically implanted directly into the jawbone) and subperiosteal implants (fitted into the jawbone below the gum tissue). Patients quickly forget they even have implants.
When are dental implants right for you?
Every patient’s case is different. That’s why we recommend having regular checkups before making any decisions regarding your dental treatments. In general, dental implants can be right for your case if you:
- Have missing teeth
- Have healthy oral tissues and jawbone
- Don’t have any health problems that can affect healing after surgery
- Can’t wear dentures or bridges
How should you care about your implants?
Just like your natural teeth, it’s important to take care of your implants. Here are some tips:
- Maintain healthy oral hygiene. Brush your teeth at least twice per day, regularly floss your teeth after having some food.
- Don’t eat hard food. It can cause damage to your implant or even natural teeth.
- Avoid smoking. Nicotine is very harmful to your overall health, and it negatively affects the bone structure that can cause implant failure.
- Visit your dentist regularly. It is essential to have teeth cleanings and checkups to ensure that your implant is in good condition.
We can bring back your missing teeth
We are happy to help you to bring confidence to your smile. The price for implants is greatly dependent on several factors, including which tooth and the health of your gums and jaw. All of our procedures follow the Manitoba Dental Association Fee Guide, including implant treatment.
If you’re in need of an implant and are wondering what the costs are, book a consultation with one of our dentists today at Kildonan Crossing Dental Centre in east Winnipeg. We’re conveniently located near the corner of Regent (Nairn) and Lagimodiere.